The Chelan Senior Center was incorporated in 1973 as the Lake Chelan Senior Social Club. The original house, pictured below was built around 1920 and purchased by the Chelan Social Club in 1973 to set up their quilting frames, make their guilts and socilaizing. From the proceeds of quilt sales and donations, the house was paid off in 1975. It was at that time the Social Club offered their buiding as a meal sight for Senior Meals. The house was added on to later to accomodate the growing club. The Social Clubs first officers were Harley R. Coates, L.L. McCormick, Bertha Weeks and Leona Yetter. The Centers name was changed from the Chelan Social Club the the Chelan Senior Center in 2004.
Being the "Old House" was over 100 years old, in 2007 the Center members began pursuit of a new building. Through grants, funding from the City of Chelan, local business support, donations and many, many volunteer hours the current new building was open in 2010.
Picture painted by Lorraine Nichols - "The Old House"
The Center is a 3200 square foot building that hosts Senior Meals, exercise classes, Wii bowling and other events through out the year. The facility is also available for private rental. The Chelan Senior Center is a self supported, non-profit organization.